How to factory reset your iPad
How to restart your device
This varies depending on the model of your apple device. For most of the iPads in our program:
Press and hold these two buttons at the same time: either of the volume buttons and the top button until the power off slider appears
1. Drag the slider, then wait approximately 30 seconds for your device to turn off
2. To turn your device back on, press and hold the top button until you see the Apple logo
3. It may take a while, but eventually you'll see your start screen
How to create an Apple ID without a credit card
1. Open the App Store app
2. Search for a free app and tap Get
3. When asked to sign in with an Apple ID, tap Create New Apple ID choose the option create new
Apple ID. If you don’t see the option to create a new Apple ID, check if you are already signed in to the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Books or iCloud with an existing Apple ID
4. Choose None when asked for payment method
You must verify your Apple ID before you can use it
Verify your information with a trusted phone number if you choose to use two-factor authentication
Or verify your Apple ID via email
Factory reset an iPad in this way before you sell, donate (preferably to Tech to Connect), or recycle.
1. Tap the Settings icon and then tap "General"
2. Tap "Reset" and then tap "Erase All Contents and Settings"
You'll need to enter your passcode to complete the process
3. Tap "Backup Then Erase" if you want to make a copy of your iPad's content before the reset. If you know you've already done this recently, you can just tap "Erase Now"
4. Enter your iPad's passcode to confirm you have the privileges to do this
When it's complete, your iPad will behave like it did when you first brought it home from the store, displaying the initial setup screen